Monday 24 January 2011

Where have you been? Where haven't I been!

Hello world

A LOT has happened since we last blogged. In point form:

October 2010
1. Due to UK government cutbacks on expenditure, Matt was made redundant from his job as a civil engineer (traffic planning).
2. As Matt's visa is tied up with his job, we made the decision to leave the UK and relocate to Sydney
3. WE GOT ENGAGED! (yay!)
4. Somewhere in those few days we also went to a wedding in the excruciatingly beautiful Lake Como, and while in Italy, we travelled to Venice and Bologna too. I <3 Italy.
5. Matt returned to South Africa where he submitted his application for an Australian visa (it has taken four months and counting.)

November 2010 - 6 January 2010
6. I seemed to be running around London like a whirlwind, extremely busy with packing up our entire flat and shipping back to Oz, and then moving to different people's house, dossing in spare bedrooms and living out of a suitcase.
7. Work was also busy - as we were so understaffed. Some days I had no staff at all. I gave notice and resigned to come to SA and meet Matt
8. Christmas. New Years. The usual madness.
9. on 6 January, I flew to South Africa, and Matt and I had an amazing holiday up the Southern Coast (called the Garden Route). I hope to blog about this over the next few days, so look out for that.

So the shape of this blog will most likely change over the next year, as we will. We are no longer in London, so the header has to change. We will be also arranging a wedding this year, but I don't want to turn this into an exclusive wedding blog.

I've also started a WordPress blog, as I'm now job hunting. This is more for professional pieces, but I may mirror some content from this blog onto that one, as I build my portfolio.

Looking forward to 2011 and the next chapter in Shmatt's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment